The Madlab Post's 2018 Short Film Slam is a competition providing a platform for emerging and established filmmakers to showcase their work. Come watch (and cast your vote) on a wide selection of 13 short films from around the world that no one told you about.
Round #2 of the Short Film Slam features thriller, comedy and action films including French student Félicien Pinot's directorial debut A VIF (ON EDGE), Tanya Hutson's "Top 10" 72-Hour Shootout project Reality Check and the World Premiere of Angel Rosa's suspense thriller Samuel's Got a Sweet Tooth.
2018 Short Film Slam Round #2 Program Lineup:
- Reservation for Two - Dir. Harrison Trigg
- A VIF (ON EDGE) - Dir. Félicien Pinot
- The Last Embrace - Dir. Saman Hosseinpuor
- The Screens -Dir. Kostia Liakhov, Samantha Cable and Bradley Bell
- Follow Me Down Again - Dir. Monique van Kerkhof
- Reality Check - Dir. Tanya Huston
- Caregiver Wanted - Dir. Christopher Nunez
- My Mother's Eyes - Dir. Daphne Bacon
- Samuel’s Got A Sweet Tooth *WORLD PREMIERE* - Dir. Angel Rosa
- The One I Adore - Dir. Jason Seelmann
- A Christmas Dinner - Dir. Melissa Del Rosario
- Blood Cross - Dir. Eugene Lehnert
- To Serve and Protect? - Dir. Gandhi Brigade Youth Media
The winning film will advance to the next round of competition, as a finalist. All finalists get to compete for a total of $1,000 in prize money during the final round. Screenings also include Out-of-Competition films that are eligible to be crowned "Movie of the Month."
Since 2012, The Madlab Post has promoted community outreach and engagement through film, screening dozens of exceptional short films from around the world to local audiences; including the Academy Award nominated short film Traffic Stop, Sundance Grand Jury Prize nominee Et ta prostate, ça va? (How’s Your Prostate?) and Clermond-Ferrand International Film Festival Special Jury Prize winner The Bathtub.